6 September 2016

Is There A Right Way To Apply Blush?!

📷 : www.tumblr.com

Is there really a right way to apply your blush? Back when I first started learning about makeup & how to apply it, I remember all I would ever read or hear was the you were to apply your blush on the apples of your cheeks.

However, over the many years of been wearing makeup, I've found that this isn't always flattering on most face shapes. And to be honest, I feel like with anything in life, not just with makeup, there is no 'one size fits all' situation. We should take a more personalised approach when it comes to our blush placement or the placement of any makeup product really. Really it just comes down to personal preference.

Personally, I feel the traditional apple of the cheek blush can lead to the face appearing longer than it actually is. I don't know if this is just me & my personal face shape or if this is something other people experience & have noticed too. Having your face appear longer & more dragged down than what it actually is, is the complete opposite from what we want from our blush placement & application. Essentially, we want an uplifted & radiant look from our blush application.

So where do I like to apply my blush? One of my top tips would be to blend upwards rather than downwards. Make the first point of contact on your face the lowest point you would like your blush to go & then softly blend upwards. However, be careful because too much buffing can move your foundation which then can lead to a blotchy effect.

I spent some time & did some research on how to apply blush products to a variety of different face shapes. I wanted to add some tips that might be helpful for some of you & because I'm not a professional makeup artist I didn't want to just give you any old tips for the sake of it. It's important to remember that there are no specific rules when it comes to makeup & makeup application, these are just tips that I thought some of you might find useful. Take them or leave them, that's totally up to you.

IF YOUR FACE SHAPE IS ROUND > Round face girls can add structure by starting your colour just above the apple & blend upwards towards the cheek bone. This placement will detract attention from the lower cheek area which is generally the roundest part of the face & helps lift & sculpt features.

IF YOUR FACE SHAPE IS SQUARE > To flatter the jawline, apply your blush in a linear sweep. This will help create the impression of a narrower jaw. However, be careful not to start the colour to close to your nose.

IF YOUR FACE SHAPE IS OVAL > Out of all the face shapes, the symmetry of an oval face is best suited to pull off the traditional apple of the cheek method. However, always remember to blend upwards rather than in a circular spot on the cheek - this can look doll like & unnatural. Remember no one naturally blushes in a perfect circle after all!

B x

No comments:

Post a Comment