9 August 2015

MONTHLY FAVOURITES // JULY 2015

Well it's monthly favourites time again! And like I said with Thursday's post, it's not up as early as it normally would be or when I'd like it to be but it's better late than never! I have quite a few favourites gathered as I haven't done a favourites in awhile! I'm going to be covering makeup, fragrances, skin care, music, and a book! Let's get started!

Make Up //

#1: The Estèe Lauder Double Wear Foundation //
I'm in the shade 1N2 Ecru and while I was in Christchurch recently, my bestfriend and I decided to pick up a sample and give in a go since we had heard so many people rave about it. When I tried it for the first time I honestly couldn't get over how amazing it looked on my skin. It gives such a flawless finish and hides any redness which is exactly what I need. It feels lightweight and comfortable on the skin meaning it's so easy to wear all day. However this foundation does retail for $70 in New Zealand but I think it could be definitely worth it. I'm going to keep wearing it, keep giving it ago but so far so good, it gets a big thumbs up from me.

#2: The Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer //
I have mine in the shade 2 cool medium. I have recently gone back to using this concealer. I wasn't a big fan of it to start off with but I think that may be due to having such a dehydrated under eye area. Now this concealer works perfectly for me, it's not quite as bright as I would like it so I'm looking into buying the lightest shade but I can now definitely understand what the hype is all about. This concealer is not only get for the under eye area but also conceals flaws and blemishes really well, it also holds a full and long lasting coverage. Collection Cosmetics are cheap and well worth the money I believe. From the products of theres that I have tried, I love them all. Here in New Zealand the concealer retails for $14.39.

#3: Natio Brow Kit //
I swear this is one of the best brow products that I have ever tried. It's lasted me such a long time and there's the smallest dent in the middle of the pan. I definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking to achieve darker brows. The kit includes two brow powders, in medium and dark along with a brow wax to hold everything in place at the end. It also comes with some mini brow grooming tools, a brow brush to shade and sculpt, a grooming brush to smooth out the hairs, along with some mini tweezers. I adore this brow kit and I know it'll never let me down and always help me achieve the dream brows.

#4: Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumising Mascara //
I have mine in black 301 and this is my new holy grail mascara. I had spent so long trying to find some where I could purchase this and when I found it I got super excited! It gives me immediate volume and lift, and as a long staying power. I find that if I want to remove any access mascara from the wand I find that it's easiest to just use a tissue and carefully remove any unwanted clumps, this doesn't bother me as I usually do this to all my mascaras. I purchased this mascara for $7.

Skin Care //

#1 St. Ives Apricot Blemish Control Scrub //
This is a strong staple in my skin care routine. It helps prevent blemishes and it really leaves your skin feeling fresh. It gently cleanses pores and gets to breakouts before they even occur. This scrub has 2% salicylic acid in it which is going to help with any active acne. This product is also sulfate and paraben free. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a new cleanser or scrub, it smells fresh and it cleans your skin exactly how you'd want a scrub too. I'm looking into trying a Tea Tree one I think it is, my bestfriend recommended so you might see that in a monthly favourites soon!

#2: The Body Shop Vitamin Skin Boost //
It gives an instant smoothing radiance to your skin. Enriched with Vitamin C which is going to leave your skin smooth and more glowing than ever. You can use this product under or on top of your moisturiser however I like to use it on top in the mornings as it also acts as a primer. I love the Vitamin C range from The Body Shop, I'm alway there either trying something new or re-purchasing an old favourite!

Fragrances //

#1: Kim Kardashian //
This fragrance is a light, sophisticated and sweet scent. It has sleek black packaging with a hint of pink. I think this scent is perfect for a day in the office. I've found myself reaching for this when I've been heading out the door for school. I just love it and it's definitely not similar to anything I already have in my collection.

#2: Lady Gaga, Fame //
This is a light musky scent. It has a clear bottle for packaging with a sleek, classy gold lid. The fragrance is black which I think is very unique and the fact that doesn't stain your clothes is even better. I have been grabbing this fragrance for everyday scents but I think it would be perfect for any special date nights as well.

#3: Selena Gomez //
This fragrance is definitely sweet and more of a floral scent. It again has very unique packaging with the lid being the most eye catching piece I've ever seen on a fragrance bottle before. Eye catching, but different and kind of awesome.

Books //

For ages I've been wanting to get into reading again but I'm really fussy on the types of books I like to read. Half the time I get half way through or sometimes even just a few chapters in and I give up, I get bored, put the book down and never pick it up again. In the month of July, my mum recommended me a book she had recently read, it was called Walking in the Light by Kelvin Cruickshank. It's definitely not the kind of book that everyone is going to like but I personally think that it's really interesting. Kelvin is a psychic medium, he can see spirits and feel all kind of emotions. From the back of the book it says, 'Walking in the Light shares Kelvin's memories of his earliest psychic experiences and his struggle to accept his gift. Nine years ago, after a complete breakdown, Kelvin finally acknowledged who he was and accepted his gift. With this, his life completely changed.' Kelvins life story is amazing, inspirational and, at times definitely heart breaking. I definitely will be reading his other books after I've finished this one!

Music //

Music is like a guilty pleasure for me, I'm constantly listening to all kinds of music especially this month! This past month I haven't really had an specific favourites but if you guys are interested in following what I have been listening to and what I'll be listening to in the future you can follow me on Spotify, my handle name on there is just bonnie.ellen29. If any of you guys follow me on there make sure your playlists are public so I can check out what music you've been loving too!

This favourites has been a long one but starting from next month I'm going to start combining my Monthly YouTuber Favourites in with my Monthly Favourites that way it's all together in one post for you guys! I hope you enjoyed this post and maybe learnt about some new products that you might want to try!

Public Social Media Handle: bonni3ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment