4 August 2015

HELLO AUGUST

I can't believe that it's August already! Seriously where has the time gone! I'm so excited for the warmer weather! Winter is finally over for us here in New Zealand and I'm so excited, I can't wait to be able to soak up the sun and hit the beaches.  For those of you who might be new to my blog or are just unsure when I post, it's Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday at 0630PM + 12:00 NZST. I'll still be following that schedule and be sure to follow me on my social media, Twitter especially for regular updates, my handle for all my social media is just bonni3ellen.

Today's post is just going to be a catch up and just a general chit chat kind of post! I'm going to share my opinions on situations that are a little bit personal but also about things that I strongly believe in. I would also just like to say that obviously these are all my own opinions and I would never force anyone to have the same opinions as me. There are going to be people that agree with me and there are going to be people that disagree with me but I'm totally ok with that. I strongly believe that everyone has a right to their own opinion and that they shouldn't be judged upon that. 

I'm currently sick with Glandular Fever and I'm spending most of my time at home, resting up and trying to get back to my usual self as soon as possible but because I have so much time on my hands I have been on my social media a lot more than I normally would. And with this I've noticed a lot a negativity towards others, nasty comments and all kinds of things. I'm not trying to say that we all have to be happy all the time because that is most definitely not the case. We all have our bad days, we all have our days where we just feel like screaming. I've had those days and I know how truly hard they can be sometimes. But with those bad days I've also learnt a lot. Most importantly I learnt not to take it out on those who love and care for me the most, they want to help, they want to make sure you're ok. Although sometimes it might not feel like, that's all they really want, they just want to make sure that you're alright. Like I said earlier I've seen so many negative comments recently on all my social media platforms. I'm so strongly against bullies, whether they are online or not. What gives them the right to tear someone down mentally, emotionally and in some cases physically as well. They don't know anything about that persons life, they see the mask, the cover, they see what they want to see. Over the past week I've watched YouTube videos that have brought me to tears, these YouTubers were talking about how they felt like that they couldn't be themselves, they felt like people were attacking them for simply being them. I've also seen videos done by some of my favourite YouTubers, they were sharing their story, they wanted to put there story online for there viewers to see because they knew that there was a chance that it might help somebody but when looking through the comments, and don't get me wrong there are always a huge amount of supportive, positive comments too, but I can't help but notice the negative, pure nasty comments too. It makes me sick to think that these people feel like they can bring somebody down for sharing who they truly are. It constantly amazes me how nasty some people can really be sometimes.  Everybody has the right to be themselves, everybody has the right to express themselves how they wish and nothing will ever give anyone the right to bring them down if it. There are no excuses for bullies. I will always strongly stand up for what I believe in, whether it be bullies or other personal beliefs and I hope you guys can too. You may be wondering why I feel so strongly and passionate about this, and it's because I've been bullied for a good 12 years of my life and this was just at school, as well as having other stuff going on in my life, life was beyond tough for me. I promise you it gets better, hang on to that hope, hang onto every last little bit of it. If anything, I'm living proof that it all does get better. Although I'm still going through a lot at the moment, my so grateful for those who believed in me and those who were there for me no matter what I was going through.

I also wold like to briefly touch on a topic which also means a lot to me personally and a lot to my close family and friends as well. Mental Health, I don’t want this blog post to turn into a sad, depressing post but this is something that again, I feel so passionate about. What I want to achieve by mentioning this briefly is that it's ok to not be ok. I myself have suffered with depression and anxiety, coming up five years and it took a massive toll upon my life. I'm a lot better now, I'm in a way happier, more positive place now than what I have ever been before. It's ok to not be ok. I really want to guys to know that. You're not alone in all of this. Those feelings that you're feeling are valid and don't ever think that you're wrong in your emotions. You need to know that this is not a way of life, everyday shouldn't be a bad one and every morning shouldn't be a struggle. Please talk to somebody, reach out for help, don't be afraid. It's ok to suffer but it's not ok to suffer in silence. Reaching out and accepting that you need help is the bravest thing that you can do. My life will always be an up and down rollercoaster but reaching out for help was the best thing I ever did. I slowly recovered and I began to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I need everyone to remember, whether you suffer with a mental illness or not, it’s not something that's just going to disappear, it's something you have to live with for the rest of your life, you have to learn to accept that it's just going to be apart of your life, you  will learn ways to deal with it, learn coping strategies but whatever you do, don't fight it, it'll win and only make things worse. It fought with me for awhile but I didn't let it win and you don’t have to either, you can get through this, I know if I can then you can too.

This month on my blog it's going to be about really sharing positivity. My blog is and has always will be somewhere that is going to be a positive, happy place and I feel like that sometimes we all just need somewhere to go, somewhere to escape from everything. I often watch some of my favourite inspiring videos on YouTube or I'll read some of my favourite blogs, just to take my mind else where,  rather than all the negative thoughts. I also just find being outside, just taking a deep breath of fresh air can really help. You'll often find me at the beach, the beach is where I tend to go for some time out, a place where I can take some quality time for myself. I know todays blog post is something completely different to what I would normally post but it's important to me and I want to share that with you guys. I'm thinking about doing similar posts to this every once and awhile, just so that we can share opinions with each other and just chat about what's been going on in our society!

Let me know if you guys enjoyed this style of post, I felt like this was the perfect way for me to kind of let you guys know what I've been thinking and let my thoughts and opinions be known. Let me know either in the comments below or over on any of my social media what you guys think, and what some of your opinions are. I'm interested and I would love to know!                     

No comments:

Post a Comment