8 October 2015

KEEPING MOTIVATED AS A BLOGGER

Writing, I love it and as a kid I did too. I use to write about anything and everything and quite frequently I will still do this. I might sit down with pen and paper or I might sit behind a device and I'll just write until my heart is content. Writing has always been a way for me to really be able to work through a number of different events in my life. Although I have my blog and I'm posting three times a week, away from that I'm also writing, honestly, I'm constantly writing. But with having a passion for writing, also comes with having a passion for reading, well to a degree anyway! 



Keeping motivated with blogging can be hard sometimes, we sometimes struggle to come up with new, creative ideas, and sometimes we can get a little down on ourselves. Although I had such a strong passion for writing, I still sometimes find it hard to come up with ideas for my blog, ideas which I know that I'm going to be proud of. Personally I try and keep motivated the majority of the time and I definitely have better weeks then some but coming from the experiences that I've been through here are a couple of ways that I find work really well for me when I'm in a blogging funk. 

Re-Fresh // 
Think about why you started blogging in the first place. There is a high chance that you could be putting way to much pressure upon yourself. Often you here about people giving up blogging because they stopped enjoying it, and I think that it's really important to remember than blogging most definitely shouldn't feel like an obligation, it should be something that you want to do, and something that you look forward to. The key to this is to get energised again and look at what you're dealing with, with a fresh and positive mind set. 

Re-Focus // 
What is it about blogging that you really love? Is it the writing, the photography, sharing you advice, thoughts and opinions, is is the social side of things? Keep your love for blogging alive, and focus on the positives rather than dwelling on the negatives. If it helps, avoid those bits you don't like for a small amount of time and dive deep into what you are loving, really getting some passion flowing again. 

Re-Think // 
While reading your favourite blogs what stands out to you? Consider maybe how you                                                                                                                                                         could apply your favourite aspects of their blog to yours? Really get inspired by other bloggers, that's generally where I begin to look for inspiration when I'm in a bit of a blogging funk, then really expand on there ideas, thoughts, add your own opinions and really make it your own. Sometimes we just need the chance to take a step back and really see what we want to be going with our blog. Don't be afraid to dream big when it comes to your blog, if you have a passion for something, you can make anything happen with a bit of hard work!

B x

No comments:

Post a Comment